The past week in Alberta wrestling saw Monster Pro Wrestling debut in Lloydminster, a pair of major matches announced, and a changing of the guard in Dirty Inc. As always, we’ve got the latest updates from the wide world of Alberta indie wrestling; get caught up below!
Of course, May 27th marks the birthday of PWA alumni and Calgary’s own Natalya Neidhardt, best known as WWE’s Natalya. Happy birthday, Nattie!
Monster Pro Wrestling Debuts in Lloydminster
- Friday saw Monster Pro Wrestling make their Lloydminster debut, and by all accounts, the event was a major success. Headlined by a first-time-ever matchup between Mitch Clarke and Nasty Nate Nixon, fans in the Border City were also treated to an MPW Heavyweight Championship match between Shaun Martens and Lumberjack Larry Woods, with the women’s title and provincial championships defended as well.
Sharp vs. Von Heez Confirmed for PWA Nemesis
- After months of in-fighting between the two, Bobby Sharp will face off in singles action with Kat Von Heez at Saturday’s PWA Nemesis. The faceoff has been brewing for months, with tension developing between the two since the PWA 18th-Anniversary Show. Both of the former Bodybreak stablemates will be looking to gain momentum both heading into the final show prior to Night of Champions in Edmonton on June 22nd, with Von Heez scheduled for the PWA Women’s Championship match at the event. With the two finally facing off, will the hard feelings towards each other finally end?
Aussie Legend vs. Matt Hart Set for June 7
- There’s truly no rest for the weary. Following his successful title defence on Friday evening, “The Aussie Legend” Dylon Knight already has his next challenger. On June 7th at RCW Uprising, Knight will take on Hard 2 Kill’s Matt Hart for the RCW Canadian Heavyweight Championship. Hart, the son of Smith Hart, is looking to capture his first Canadian Heavyweight Championship for RCW. Along with his partner D. Dwight Davis, Hart is a one-time RCW Tag Team Champion.
Stevens Departs Dirty Inc, Alberta
- There’s been another personnel change in Dirty, Inc, this time involving one of the groups founding members. Cameron Stevens, a member of the factions’ original triumvirate, announced at Friday’s RCW Extreme Measures that he would not only be leaving Dirty, Inc, but Alberta entirely to return to his home province. It was a poignant moment for the erstwhile RCW roster member; however, the announcement was interrupted shortly after it began by Stevens’ former Dirty, Inc compatriots. As Cody Chimera, Maverick Jack and Dirty Mike Jones entered the ringside area, they mocked Stevens, announcing that he wouldn’t leave Dirty Inc – they would leave him. The trio subsequently began to beat down their former partner until Jordon Aries made the save, resulting in a tag team match that Dirty, Inc would emerge victorious from. Stevens final match for Real Canadian Wrestling took place on Saturday evening, teaming with Aries in a losing effort to Top Talent. All the best to Stevens as he returns home.
Angelica Set to Debut for Thrash Wrestling
- As announced yesterday on their Facebook page, Angelica will return to Thrash Wrestling in Lumby, British Columbia from June 7th – 8th. Angelica, the current RCW Women’s Champion, is set to join Thrash for their dates as part of Lumby Days. The debut comes weeks after fellow RCW star Kayla Jaye made her inaugural appearance for Thrash.
Real Canadian Wrestling Results
Xtreme Measures • Calgary, Alberta • May 24, 2019
- Chris Perish def. Deryck Crosse
- Dante def. Big Bruce
- Tyson Hiller def. Scotley Crüe
- Top Talent (Heavy Metal/Big Jess Youngblood) def. Hard 2 Kill (Matt Hart/D. Dwight Davis)
- Brice “the Slammer” Sova def. “The Universe” Zack Mercury
- Dirty Inc (Cody Chimera/Maverick Jack) def. Cameron Stevens/Jordon Aries
- RCW Canadian Heavyweight Championship Match: “The Aussie Legend” Dylon Knight def. Raj Singh – DQ
- Chain Match – Pride def. Travis Cole
- Cameron Stevens is no longer a member of Dirty Inc.
Battleground • Bruderheim, Alberta • May 25, 2019
- Travis Cole def. Dante
- Dean Richtor/Kat Von Heez def. Pride/Alix Zwicker
- “The Universe” Zack Mercury vs. Sheik Akbar Shabaz – Double DQ
- RCW Commonwealth Championship Match: “The Viking Lord” Vince Austin” def. Orion/Brice “the Slammer” Sova
- Top Talent (Heavy Metal/Big Jess Youngblood) def. Jordon Aries/Cameron Stevens
- “God’s Gift to Wrestling” Michael Richard Blais def. Cody Chimera
- This was Cameron Stevens final match with RCW for the foreseeable future.
Monster Pro Wrestling Results
MPW Debut in Lloydminster • Lloydminster, Alberta • May 24, 2019
- “The Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins def. Rick Jules
- MPW Provincial Championship Match: “Beautiful” Blake Kannon def. “Rugged” Rich King/Kid Cyrus
- MPW Women’s Championship Match: Phoenix© def. Sexy Samantha
- Tattooed Terminators (Wrath/Massive Damage) def. Wrestling RoyalTY (Ty Jackson/King B)
- MPW Heavyweight Championship Match: “Headline” Shaun Martens© def. “Lumberjack” Larry Woods
- Mitch Clarke def. Nasty Nate Nixon
- Nasty Nate Nixon had originally won the main event with an undetected low blow and subsequent Buck Nasty; however, the match was restarted by guest host Tre Lopushinsky. Following the restart, Clarke won with a Sitdown Powerbomb.
Real Canadian Wrestling • Annual Spring Fling • Elk Point, Alberta • May 31
Monster Pro Wrestling • MPW Lloydminster • Edmonton, Alberta • June 1
Prairie Wrestling Alliance • Nemesis • Calgary, Alberta • June 1
Real Canadian Wrestling • Wildfire • Glendon, Alberta • June 1
- The Golden Child: The Evolution of Kayla Jaye
- PWA Recap and Reactions: Adrenalize, Edmonton, May 18
- Conversations With Love 16: A Conversation with Dirty Mike Jones
- Last Week in Alberta Wrestling: May 14 – 21, 2019
- A Legacy of Violence: The Evolution of Colton Kelly