NXT Tapings – April 11: Spoilers following New Orleans
Following the fantastic show from New Orleans, the new era of NXT officially begins tonight back at Full Sail University. What will happen next between Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa? Who steps up next to new champions Aleister Black & Shanya Baszler? Find out here at Win Column Sports! I’m Parker Love, here with your NXT Spoilers from the April 11th tapings! Be sure to follow me @Parkman15Love for anything WWE or NXT!
This should go without saying, but spoilers ahead.
April 18th Episode
- Lio Rush over Chico Adams. Lio worked heel and brough an enforcer with him (who was apparently Babatunde Aiyegbusi). This was a dark match.
- Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae officially open the show with a promo. Johnny says it’s great to be back and. He then says it’s better to not be defined by his feud with Tommaso Ciampa. He thanks Candice for standing by him but points out they have unfinished business, so tonight Candice LeRae will face Zelina Vega! Johnny also reiterates his desire to be NXT champion.
- Ricochet over Fabian Aichner. Ricochet cuts a promo on how he’s here to kick things up a notch.
- War Raiders over jobbers. Happy to finally see these guys in NXT.
- Lars Sullivan over Killian Dain in a no D.Q. match.
- Candice LeRae over Zelina Vega. Candice had Johnny in her corner, and Zelina had Almas in hers. After the match, Johnny challenges Aleister Black for the belt. Aleister enters and accepts the challenge for next weeks episode.
April 25th Episode
- The Undisputed Era make their first appearance since New Orleans. Roderick Strong is announced as one half of the tag team champions. They all cut a small promo, where Roddy says joining the era was the “best decision he ever made”. He announces that its not Roderick vs the world anymore, as he’s with his brothers.
- Adam Cole (c) retains the NXT North American Championship over Oney Lorcan. O’Reilly and Strong interfere. Danny Burch tried to make the save for Lorcan but was also beaten down.
- Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) over Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli. Tino walked out on Riddick. Post-match, Heavy Machinery challenge War Raiders.
- Kairi Sane over Shazza McKenzie. Side note, I haven’t seen tons on Shazza. Any recommendations for matches to watch are welcome!
- Post-match, Lacey Evans comes down and gives Kairi a fake apology. Evans winds up cheap-shotting Sane with the microphone.
- TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne) over Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford). TM61 won with feet on the ropes, signalling the start of a heel turn?!
- Kona Reeves over Patrick Scott.
- Bianca BelAir over Candice LeRae.
- Pete Dunne over Roderick Strong by disqualification when Undisputed ERA attack Pete Dunne. Lorcan and Burch run in to make the save. Apparently Strong came out at the start with his old theme, but switched it to T.U.E’s theme.
May 2nd Episode
- Ricochet cuts a promo declaring his desire to be NXT Champ, and is interrupted by the Velveteen Dream. Dream says Ricochet will wind up at the back of the line. Turns into a promo where one person keeps one-upping the other. I would like this feud please.
- EC3 over Raul Mendoza.
- Dakota Kai over Vanessa Borne. Post-match, Shayna Baszler comes down, stares Dakota down in the corner, but winds up attacks Borne.
- Johnny Gargano vs Aleister Black doesn’t start, due to an attack from Tommaso Ciampa! They brawl everywhere. Gargano gets another stretcher job while Ciampa watches on.
May 9th Episode
- War Raiders (Hanson & Rowe) over Heavy Machinery.
- Tommaso Ciampa over Kassius Ohno. After the match, Ciampa chokes out Ohno with the knee brace, similar to what Gargano did at New Orleans. Apparently this was a fantastic match.
- Aleister Black comes out to cut a promo, but is interrupted by SAnitY, which leads to another dark match for the evening. Aleister Black (c) over Eric Young. There were conflicting reports on whether this was for the NXT Championship. Post-match, Black lays the rest of SAnitY out to boot, with everyone eating a Black Mass to close the tapings.
- I wish they gave Kassius Ohno a meaningful story-line. He gets the business, but he’s just damn good. At least something to build him up. Gatekeeper is a good role for him, but having him go over in a feud or two couldn’t hurt… right?
- How happy are you to see War Mach… I mean, War Raiders in NXT? Hanson and Rowe are amazing workers who should win the belts within the year. These guys are good, folks.
- Seriously, can someone give me a match recommendation for Shazza McKenzie?
- NXT’s women’s division has thinned quickly, especially when Nikki Cross doesn’t appear on this set of tapings. There is talent for sure, but it’s definitely not on the same level as previous generations. I have no doubt they will though.
- A TM-61 heel turn could be just what they need. They haven’t gotten over organically, but people do enjoy their wrestling. I’m excited to see where they can go with this.
WWE LAST 5!
- NXT Preview – April 11, 2018 – TakeOver: Fallout
- Smackdown Live Preview – April 10th: Smackdown after Wrestlemania
- Monday Night Hayden: Predictions for the Raw After WrestleMania
- WrestleMania Preview and Predictions
- NXT TakeOver: NOLA Preview and Predictions