EDMONTON, AB: It looks as though PWA fans will have to wait just a little bit longer for the Commonwealth Champion to return.
Today, the Prairie Wrestling Alliance confirmed that AEW star Shawn Spears, the current holder of the PWA Commonwealth Championship, would not be appearing at Saturday’s Remembrance event due to circumstances beyond their control.
Spears, who last wrestled in a triple-threat matchup on AEW Dynamite against Darby Allin and Peter Avalon, made his debut for the Prairie Wrestling Alliance at June 22nd’s PWA Night of Champions. That night, he claimed the Commonwealth Championship after defeating Shaun Moore in one of the standout matches of the evening. Spears returned to the promotion on September 28th in Edmonton, where he successfully defended his title against Moore. The 16th was set to see Spears face off with none other than Michael Richard Blais for the title; however, it looks as though those plans will have to be delayed until a later date.
Thus far, there’s been no word on a replacement for Saturday’s event.
Stay tuned to the WCSN for the latest updates on this developing story.
Latest Wrestling Content:
- Conversations With Love 41: A Conversation With Houston Moore
- Last Week in Alberta Wrestling: November 6 – November 12, 2019
- BREAKING: Taryn from Accounting Leaves Monster Pro Wrestling
- Monday Night Shaw: Episode 23 | Taryn From Accounting
- Force Pro Wrestling Recap: Just the Tip, Edmonton, November 8th