Matchday 16 is derby week. We have the Manchester Derby and the Merseyside Derby on Sunday.
Manchester City vs Manchester United
Coming into the season this is the match that most neutrals would have circled on their calendar with Manchester City (14-1-0) at Manchester United (11-2-2). Premier League form coming in favour of Manchester City (WWWWW) over the home team Manchester United (LWWWW) In 1st visiting 2nd.
Last weekend we saw United beat Arsenal in a fantastic match, with David De Gea being the difference maker and Paul Pogba being sent off for a challenge on Hector Bellerin. While City getting a later winner from David Silva though dominating in all stats categories.
Without Pogba, United are (4-2-2) in the Premier League with losses to Huddersfield and Chelsea, both away. One of the draws is to Liverpool. Also during the time of his injury United went (3-0-0) in the Champions League.
Midweek had both teams in the Champions League. United fielded a strong team with Pogba, Rashford and Lukaku, with the latter two getting goals and gaining some confidence. Luke Shaw made his first start in the Champions League and looked impressive. City, however, played away to Shakhtar Donestsk and lost, resting key players and only playing four from the starting squad from the West Ham United match over the weekend. Augreo netted a penalty goal with Jesus drawing it in a controversial manner.
Fifa 18 Prediction 0-0
What to watch for
- United have made Old Trafford a fortress, going undefeated in 40 games in all competition.
- United and City have 1 and 2 defensive record in the Premier League.
- Kevin De Bruyne will a big game changer, with 4 goals and 8 assists this season.
- Ashley Young was rested Tuesday and has been in great form this season.
- Lukaku broke his drought on Tuesday and could come back into goal scoring form.
- Coming off a Champions League lose, look for Pep Guardiola to have the squad come out strong
- Best defensive team vs. best offensive team
- A huge battle of tatics between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Phil Jones are fit for United and David Silva is fit as well
Everton vs Liverpool
Here we have the Merseyside Derby with Everton (5-3-7) at Liverpool (8-5-2). The premier league form of the two teams has Liverpool (WWDWW) better then the visitors Everton (WDLWW) in 10th visiting 4th.
Last weekend saw Big Sam’s first match and a win over Huddersfield Town. Liverpool was bright putting 5 past Brighton and Hove Albion. Midweek had Liverpool qualify for the next round of the Champions League in spectacular fashion, with a 7-0 win over Spartak Moskva.
Fifa 18 prediction 0-0
What to watch for
- Again I can not stress how good Salah has been this year, look for him to create a few chances.
- Liverpool’s offense has hit form with 15 goals in the last three including Champions league.
- Everton stumbled mightily at the start of the year but seemingly are hitting form coming into the holiday period.
- Everton won 3-0 on Thursday, with a rotated squad but carrying in some more momentum.
Other things to watch for around the league
- Burnley host Watford; if your looking for a match to watch Saturday, this offers up 7th vs 8th and has Burnley who has not given up much – though Robbie Brady is going to be missing for a long time.
- West Ham are hosting Chelsea, West Ham dropped their last match and have been horrid with an 8 game run without a win. Positive is Chicharito will be back
- Southampton are hosting Arsenal who are coming of a home lose to United last week. Look for a big response
Last Matchday (6-4)
Burnley vs. Watford
Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth
Huddersfield Town vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Leicester
Swansea City vs West Brom
Tottenham vs Stoke
West Ham vs Chelsea
Liverpool vs Everton
Manchester United vs Manchester City
Southampton vs Arsenal