The Ford Fiesta hits the pavement once again, this time in Dallas, Texas for tonight’s edition of Monday Night RAW! Are you all ready to be DELETED?!
Last Weeks Show:
- The Roman Reigns was suspended by WWE CEO Vince McMahon after calling out Brock Lesnar for no-showing…again.
- Finn Balor def. Seth Rollins via roll-up in a match set up by a Miz TV segment.
- Alexa Bliss was super mean to Nia Jax, and cut a promo on Asuka to set up a match for this week.
- John Cena challenged the Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania, drinks a man’s beer.
- Braun Strowman won a tag-team battle royal to become the #1 contender to the RAW Tag Team Championships
- Sasha Banks def. Sonya Deville after Bayley assisted to keep Absolution at bay, but took a beating from the faction after Bayley left.
- “WOKEN” Matt Hardy challenged Bray Wyatt to a match at the Hardy Compound in the Ultimate Deletion!
This Week’s Predictions:
The Main Event:
The Ultimate Deletion!
After months – no, years – of hoping, we’re finally getting a full glimpse of Broken Brilliance in the WWE. Tonight marks the Ultimate Deletion, WWE’s version of the Final Deletion. It’s the segment that truly made BROKEN Matt Hardy what he was in TNA, elevating him and the rest of the Hardy clan to superstars of the independent scene. While many have been disappointed by WOKEN Matt’s feud with Bray Wyatt – and some by his overall run in WWE since returning – this marks the best opportunity to bring the Broken Universe back to it’s previous glory, and isn’t something that I can see Vince McMahon taking lightly. If TNA was able to do it so successfully, Vince will want to do them one better. Will we see a rumoured cameo from Brother Nero in his first WWE appearance since his injury last year? We’ll find out tonight!
The Title Scene:
Brock Lesnar is scheduled to appear, while the Roman Reigns is suspended. It appears as though the two won’t meet face-to-face prior to their scheduled WrestleMania showdown; however, if WWE is really invested in this “Brock doesn’t care” storyline, Brock Lesnar should be the one who doesn’t appear. I mean, if WWE is going to go the route that Lesnar’s only there for a payday, why would he show up on a throwaway episode of RAW? Remember, this is a guy who’s wrestled just over an hour total since becoming the Universal Champion; meanwhile, Reigns has been putting on great matches all year, and is rewarded with a suspension? I was sick of Lesnar before this feud started, and now I can’t wait to see Reigns become champion. Well done, WWE.
Everything about the Intercontinental Championship feud is fantastic. There’s really not much to say other than that; the Balor/Rollins match was terrific last week, and everyone has played their part absolutely perfectly up to this point. Seriously, guys – simply watch last week’s segments and tell me it’s not the best feud on Monday nights.
Braun Strowman will be taking on the Bar at WrestleMania for the RAW Tag Team Championships; the only question is, will he challenge for the titles solo? The Monster among Men won a tag-team battle royal last week to solidify his status as the #1 contender – this despite the lack of having a partner whatsoever. WWE.com is promoting the controversy, stating that RAW GM Kurt Angle has to sort out Strowman’s Road to WrestleMania. Is there a chance he’s unable to compete unless he has a partner? Check out this week’s edition of Over the Top Rope for our predictions!
Alexa Bliss is the real-life version of Regina George. She’s just mean, guys. I really, really can’t wait to watch Nia Jax destroy her; despite being built as a monster for the better part of two years, she’s far more convincing as a babyface – especially when Bliss is on the top of her game, as she has been over the last few weeks. Her dressing down of Asuka last week was fantastic, and led to a match between the two for tonight’s episode. Will Jax interfere to ruin Bliss’ shot at ending The Streak? It remains to be seen, but you know my opinion.
WWE no bury bray Wyatt SEÑOR BENJAMIN BURY BRAY WYATT
— Señor Benjamin (@BenjaminSenor) March 19, 2018
- While everyone’s talking about Braun Strowman’s #1 contender status, what no one’s talking about is Cesaro & Sheamus demanding trades from Monday Night RAW. Will we see that followed up on? Or was it simply a convenient plot device?
- Congratulations to Mark Henry, the latest inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame. Here’s to hoping he uses his induction speech to non-retire again.
- A quick moment of appreciation for Señor Benjamin on his delightful tweet, as seen above.
WWE Last 5:
- Over the Top Rope: Episode IV
- NXT Preview: March 14
- Smackdown Live Preview: March 13
- Monday Night Hayden: Predictions for the 12/03/18 RAW
- Fastlane Preview and Predictions