Yes, it’s a day late, but with a ton of news breaking across Alberta last week, how could it not?! With a pair of shows announced and another pair confirmed for this weekend, it’s shaping up to be one of the most exciting times in a long time to be a Western Canadian wrestling fan.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
PWA to Feature at Bret “The Hitman” Hart Night
Saturday, November 2nd will see the Calgary Hitmen host Bret “The Hitman” Hart night in conjunction with the Prairie Wrestling Alliance. The evening will be in support of the Calgary Prostate Cancer Centre, with a special $15 ticket available for the evening’s game that will see a portion of the proceeds go directly to the CPCC.
In addition to the evening’s WHL action, the Prairie Wrestling Alliance will host a special four-match card entitled Battle at the Dome, set to take place at centre ice at the Saddledome.
“On behalf of everyone at PWA, we are extremely proud to team up with the Calgary Hitmen to present ‘Battle in the Dome’ and are excited to be the first independent wrestling promotion to ever perform in the historic Scotiabank Saddledome,” said Kurt Sorochan in a release from the Hitmen. “For almost 19 years, the Prairie Wrestling Alliance has been carrying on the tradition of professional wrestling with passion and respect that our predecessors, the Hart Family, did with Stampede Wrestling.”
More details about the event will be available in the coming weeks.
- PWA Battle Royale for the PWA Mayhem Championship
- Kat Von Heez vs. Zoë Sager vs. Alix Zwicker vs. Kylie Morgan
- The League vs. The Above Average Joes
- Michael Allen Richard Clark, Mo Jabari & Colton Kelly vs. Sheik Shabaz & The Western Lions
Force Pro Wrestling Announces Return
It was announced on Monday that Force Pro Wrestling would make its return to the Albertan wrestling scene on October 18th. Force Pro Wrestling: The Prelude.
The event marks the promotion’s first event following a year-and-a-half hiatus.
“This all-ages event has something for every fan, old and new,” said the promotion in a release on Facebook. “Alberta talent in a venue like YEG has never seen before.”
In an additional piece of news, the promotion also announced a working relationship with the Prairie Wrestling Alliance, an announcement that was confirmed by PWA CEO Kurt Sorochan.
“With this agreement in place, PWA talent will be appearing on future FPW events within Edmonton and any planned events throughout Alberta,” commented Sorochan. “Furthermore, both promotions will also be exploring new and unique opportunities to work together on various events never experienced within Alberta.”
First Step of the Road to Riptribution
We’re on the road to Riptribution.
Next month will see Monster Pro Wrestling host its biggest event of the year, with the promotion set to host it’s annual “Ripper Royal,” a match which will see MPW fans bring the weapons for the evening’s main-event battle royal. For their efforts, the winner of the Ripper Royal is automatically crowned the #1 contender to the MPW Heavyweight Championship, currently held by “Magnificent” Mitch Clarke.
In addition to the evening’s set main event, two teams qualified for a Tag Team Championship fatal four-way on November 2nd. Both High Octane (Pro Payne & Ajax), as well as the Dangerous Deal (J.J. Spade/”Dangerous” Danny Evans), have qualified for an opportunity at the titles currently held by “Rugged” Rich King and “The Future” Kid Cyrus.
Stay tuned to the WCSN for more on Riptribution.
Prairie Wrestling Alliance Results
Destiny • Edmonton, Alberta • October 5
- Aiden Adams def. Mo Jabari
- Davey O’Doyle def. “Spaceman” Beri Grayson
- The Titan def. Brayden Parsons: DQ
- Space Mountain(“Spaceman” Beri Grayson/The Titan) def.The League (Davey O’Doyle/Brayden Parsons)
- Zoë Sager/Kat Von Heez def. Kylie Morgan/”The Masterpiece of the East” Alix Zwicker
- Pride/Sheik Shabaz def. Western Lions (Michael Richard Blais/Brandon Van Danielson), Bodybreak (Michael Allen Richard Clark/Bobby Sharp), Millennial Rebels (Colton Kelly/Mo Jabari)
Monster Pro Wrestling Results
MPW Alberta Avenue • Edmonton, Alberta • October 5
- “Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins def. ‘Viva La Mexi’ Kato
- Annihilation (Massive Damage/Wrath) vs. Dad Bod Squad (James Crowder/Rick Jules) – Double DQ
- High Octane (Pro Payne/Ajax) def. Wrestling RoyalTY (KB6/TY Jackson)
- Dangerous Deal (Wildcard J.J. Spade/’Dangerous’ Danny Evans) def. Kannon Experience (Blake Kannon/Sultan Singh)
- Kid “The Future” Cyrus def. “Nasty” Nate Nixon
- MPW Heavyweight Championship Match: “Magnificent’ Mitch Clarke© def. “Rugged” Rich King
Real Canadian Wrestling • Fall Brawl • Radway, Alberta • October 11
Pure Power Wrestling • Nightmare Before Halloween • Lethbridge, Alberta • October 12
Latest Wrestling Content:
- PWA News: Mo Jabari Joins the Millennial Rebels
- BREAKING: Kayla Jaye Leaves Real Canadian Wrestling
- Force Pro Wrestling Announces Return
- BREAKING: Blais, Spears Set to Face Off November 16th
- EXCLUSIVE | Conversations With Love: A Conversation with Jack Pride