Last weekend saw the first live professional wrestling in Alberta since March, with Real Canadian Wrestling hosting their Back to Business event in Edmonton on Saturday. However, the show was far from the only news to make waves in the Albertan scene over the past seven days. In fact, it wasn’t even the only piece of news coming from RCW, as the promotion announced that they’ll begin running a weekly series of shows in Edmonton beginning next Saturday. Additionally, the CWE confirmed their highly-anticipated return to St Albert last week, confirming that they’ll be heading back to their former home on October 24th.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
Real Canadian Wrestling Announces Weekly Shows
As we first reported in September 2019, Real Canadian Wrestling will begin running weekly events in Edmonton every Saturday, with last night’s Back to Business event representing the first of the shows.
The events, scheduled to take place at the Norwood Legion, will be known as the Saturday Night Fights. Bell time for each of the events will be 7:30 pm.
Austin, Styles Capture RCW Tag Team Championships
Last week in Edmonton, Vince Austin and Steven Styles captured the RCW Tag Team Championships from the team of the Canadian Goose and Deadzone.
With their victory, the group, who will be known as THC: The Hardcore Coalition, ends the reign of Deadzone and the Goose at 113 days.
CWE Announces Return to St Albert
On Thursday last week, the CWE announced their return to St. Albert, Alberta, for the first time since the closure of the Edmonton Combat Sports Commission over two years ago. The event, scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 24th, replaces their previously-announced Edmonton date at the Norwood Legion.
“The St. Albert Community Hall became one of CWE’s hottest tour stops with a long string of sold-out, standing room only events,” commented CWE owner & promoter Danny Duggan in a statement announcing the change of locations.
Real Canadian Wrestling Results
Back to Business • Edmonton, Alberta • June 20
- Alberta Championship Match: Dylon Stone© def. Son of Irish
- Big Bruce def. Giant Orion (Countout)
- Vince Austin/Steven Styles def. Canadian Goose/Deadzone©
- Nasty Nate Nixon def. KB6
- RCW Commonwealth Championship Match: Dwight Davis© def. Matt Hart and KOTA
- “The Original” Marky def. “Headline” Shaun Martens
- RCW Canadian Heavyweight Championship Match: Heavy Metal© def. Kato
Real Canadian Wrestling • Saturday Night Fights • Edmonton, Alberta • June 27
Latest Wrestling Content:
- Time Out! Episode 3 | RAW is WAR (November 24, 1997)
- Monday Night Shaw: Episode 41 | An Interview With Marty Sugar
- Vince Austin, Steven Styles Capture RCW Tag Team Championships
- Real Canadian Wrestling Announces Weekly Edmonton Shows
- Canadian Wrestling’s Elite Returns to St. Albert October 24th